22/12/15

Makovnjača Christmas braid – Makovnjača l’intreccio Natalizio – Makovnjača Božićna pletenica




Today is my birthday and this is my birthday gift to you my dear friends! 
I usually don't like to mention my birthday, it's not my nature and it's the wrong moment, because everybody is expecting something more important, Christmas is arriving, but this time it's different, I'm really happy to share it with you. It was a tough year and I, ...we all need peace and joy!
Makovnjača is my favourit Christmas cake, it's so simple, so soft, so, so, so full of poppy seeds, I really adore it. I usually only roll the dough and bake it in the plumcake tray. This time I wanted something different and really sensational. When I started to think about this braid, I didn't condisdered that I want my makovnjača to be very soft, full of poppy fillling and that to make a braid with it might be a bit more difficult. But I love complicated stuff, right, so even if every first idea seams to me so easy...in my head only!...sometimes it turns not to be easy at all. I immagine the perfect picture of my future creature and fascinated by expectations I forget any possible problem, apparently I never see problems and I even don't want to see them! My desire is to get the best result. This time I was lucky, my expectations have been fulfilled!

The dough I made was beautiful and velvety soft, poppy filling was dense enough, so I didn't though about the fact that once rolled and cut in half, the snaky dough would be disobedient. We, me and the snaky dough, fought for just a short while, I was more determined and once I've placed the dough on the baking tray it started to raise and its layers pushed out plenty of poppy seeds that decorated the braid.
I hope you like it as much as I do!



MAKOVNJAČA CHRISTMAS BRAID

for the dough:
250 gr flour
1,30 dl milk
50 gr butter
1 egg yolk
25 gr sugar + 1 teaspoon
8 gr fresh yeast
pinch of salt

for the filling (the quantity is for the standard roll):
125 gr poppy seeds
1 egg whites
60 gr sugar
10 gr butter

The evening before boil some water and cook poppy seeds for 15 minutes. Drain the water and let them dry whole night long in a cloth. The day after blend poppy seeds in a blender.
Dissolve the yeast and 1 teaspoon of sugar in little lukewarm milk and let it raise for 10 minutes.
Warm up the milk (don’t boil it) and dissolve the butter in it.
In one bowl put the flour, sugar, slightly whisked egg yolk and the yeast and start to knead the dough with the mixer. Gradually add the milk with the butter in the mixture and continue to knead for about 10 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and knead for another few minutes. Cover the bowl with the PVC wrap or the bowl cover and leave the dough to raise until it double the volume.
Meanwhile whip the egg whites, add to it poppy seeds, sugar and dissolved butter (should be cold). Mix well together.
Roll the dough to 1 cm high rectangle, spread over the poppy filling and roll it up. Cut the roll in half lengthwise and leave last 1 cm entire, turn cut side up and start to braid leaving always cut side up. Close the braid into circle, place it on the baking tray covered with parchment and bake it in preheated oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes.


MAKOVNJAČA L’INTRECCIO NATALIZIO

per la pasta:
250 di farina “00”
1,30 dl  di latte
50 gr di burro
1 tuorlo d’uovo
25 gr di zucchero + 1 cucchiaino
8 gr di lievito di birra
un pizzico di sale

per la farcia (la quantità è per il rotolo classico):
125 gr di semi di papavero
1 albume d’uovo
60 gr di zucchero
10 gr di burro

La sera prima fare bollire l’acqua e sbollentare i semi di papavero per 15 minuti. Scolarli e lasciarli asciugare in un canovaccio per tutta la notte. Il giorno dopo frullare i semi di papavero nel frullatore.
Sciogliere il lievito e 1 cucchiaino di zucchero in poco latte tiepido e lasciare lievitare per 10 minuti.
Riscaldare il latte (non fatelo bollire) e sciogliere il burro nel latte caldo.
In una ciotola unire la farina, lo zucchero, il tuorlo d’uovo leggermente sbattuto ed il lievito e cominciare ad impastare con il mixer. Gradualmente aggiungere nell’impasto il latte con il burro e continuare ad impastare per 10 minuti. Alla fine aggiungere un pizzico di sale e impastare ancora per qualche minuto. Coprire la ciotola con la pellicola trasparente oppure con il coperchio della stessa ciotola e lasciare a lievitare fino al raddoppio del volume dell’impasto.
Nel frattempo montare l’albume, aggiungere i semi di papavero, lo zucchero ed il burro fuso freddo nella neve e incorporare tutto insieme.
Stendere la pasta in un rettangolo spesso 1cm, spalmare la farcia sulla pasta e arrotolare la pasta. Tagliare il rotolo di pasta a metà nel senso della lunghezza lasciando il rotolo unito da un lato per circa 1 cm, girare la parte del taglio verso l'alto e intrecciare sempre con la parte del taglio rivolta verso l’alto. Chiudere il cerchio, sistemarlo sulla teglia rivestita da carta da forno e infornare nel forno già caldo a 180°C per 20-25 minuti.



MAKOVNJAČA BOŽIĆNA PLETENICA

za tijesto:
250 gr brašna
1,30 dl mlijeka
50 gr maslaca
1 žutanjak
25 gr šećera + 1 žlićica
8 gr svježeg kvasca
prstohvat soli

za nadjev (ova količina je dovoljna za jednu klasičnu makovnjaču, ostat će vam nadjeva):
125 gr maka
1 bjelanjak
60 gr šećera
10 gr maslaca

Večer prije zakuhati vodu i kuhati mak 15 minuta. Ocijediti ga i ostaviti da stoji preko noći u krpi da se osuši. Drugi dan samljeti mak u blenderu.
Otopiti kvasac i 1 žlićicu šećera u malo mlakog mlijeka i ostaviti da se diže 10 minuta.
Zagrijati mlijeko (ne treba vrijati) i u njemu otopiti maslac.
U zdjelu staviti brašno, šećer, lagano razmućeni žutanjak i kvasac, te početi mijesiti mikserom. Postepeno dodavati mlijeko s maslacem i miksati 10 minuta. Na kraju dodati prstohvat soli i mijesiti još par minuta. Pokriti zdjelu poklopcem ili prozirnom folijom i ostaviti da se tijesto diže dok se volumen ne udvostruči.
U međuvremenu mutiti bjelanjak u snijeg, dodati mu mak, šećer i otopljen i ohlađen maslac i sve  dobro sjediniti.
Razvući tijesto u pravokutnik debljine 1 cm, premazati tijesto nadjevom i zarolati ga. Prerezati roladu na pola po dužini i ostaviti neprerezan 1 cm na kraju rolade, okrenuti prerezani dio prema gore, te plesti pletenicu pazeći da je prerezani dio uvijek okrenut prema gore. Zatvoriti krug, prebaciti ga na pleha za pečenje prekriven papirom za pečenje i peći u zagrijanoj pećnici na 180°C oko 20-25 minuta.


3 commenti:

  1. 1,3 ml = 0,13 dl ? Hvala. Sve dobro u novoj godini!

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. 1,3 dl hvala na primjedbi! I vama sve najbolje i nadam se da vam je tijesto uspjelo...javljajte!

      Elimina
  2. Zasto 00 brašno?

    RispondiElimina